Ellis Engineering can work from your existing prints, drawings, DXF or IGES files, or we can work with you to design a cutting pattern from scratch.
WATERJET CUTTING - CNC MILLING - SECONDARY SERVICES
Ellis Engineering has been offering machining and waterjet cutting services since 1990. Using SOLIDWORKS CAD software, Esprit CAM software for the CNC machines, and OMAX programming software for the Water Jet, there are endless possibilities to solutions for your metal removal projects.
ADVANTAGES OF WATERJET MACHINING
Our waterjet cutting systems are capable of cutting virtually any material of any thickness up to 6 inches. They allow for complex shapes without the need for any tooling. We can handle almost all materials: aluminum, abrasion resistant steels, titanium, tool steel, stainless steel, fiberglass, gasket materials, glass, ceramic, and stone. We have no limit on part quantity, so short runs and one-offs are no problem.
• No thermal damage to the base material.
• Minimal or no tooling charges involved with waterjet.
• Narrow cutting stream (.007″ straight water–.030″ abrasive waterjet) minimizes material waste.
• No lateral force is generated during the cutting process, typically eliminating the need for fixtures.
• Consistent smooth edge quality virtually eliminates finishing expenses.
• Cutting tolerances are controlled to +/–0.005″ (depending on material type and thickness.)
OMAX 80160 (80" X 160")
Jet EDGE (30" X 30")
DMG MORI SEKI NVX 7000
X = 60.6″ (1540mm)
Y = 29.9″ (760mm)
Z = 26.0″ (660mm)
Miller Matic 3300 MIG Welder
Miller Synchrowave 350 LX TIG Welder
We have a 120,000 square foot building located in Fort Wayne, Indiana.